Lost or Stolen Passport When Traveling Overseas

Lost or stolen passport? If your passport is lost or stolen when traveling overseas, Please contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate for assistance. Phone numbers for U.S. embassies and consulates are also available in the travel.state.gov Country Specific Information and Key Officers handbook. You will need to speak to the American Citizens Services unit of the Consular Section. If you are scheduled to leave the foreign country shortly, please provide the Consular Section with details regarding your departure schedule. You will also be directed to where you can obtain the required passport photos.